Welcome to our newest event, presented by the Women In Business Council. The Woman Effect is a virtual podcast-style interview with women who have made it, in a male dominated industry. Guests will be CEOs and/or executives from various industries all over the US. The entire event will be one hour, from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. The first 30-minutes will be the guest telling her story on FB Live while the second 30 minutes will be an intimate discussion with up to 20 women "offline" in Zoom.
This week's speaker: Pamela M. Rauch, Vice President, External Affairs and Economic Development, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL)
Pamela Rauch is the vice president of external affairs and economic development for Florida Power & Light Company (FPL), a subsidiary of NextEra Energy, Inc. and one of the largest investor-owned electric utilities in the nation. Ms. Rauch is responsible for local government relations, community engagement and economic development. She has held this position since January 2008.
From 2011-2015, Ms. Rauch's responsibilities also included project development, where she spearheaded development of all new power generation for FPL, including the addition of a natural gas pipeline to serve the state and growing the company's solar generation by installing the first three cost-effective, universal scale solar projects that went online in 2016. Prior to 2008, she served as an associate general counsel for FPL, overseeing the real estate, land use and environmental matters focusing on local government permitting and licensing issues for FPL and development of its unregulated subsidiary's wind portfolio.
Prior to joining FPL in 1999, Ms. Rauch served as assistant and then deputy city attorney for the City of West Palm Beach, where she played a significant role in downtown redevelopment activities in the mid-1990s, including the development of City Place, a.k.a Rosemary Square. Prior to her role with the City, she was in private practice with Jones, Foster, Johnston & Stubbs and Gunster in West Palm Beach with a concentration on local government and real estate law.
See her full bio here.
Scheduled dates/speakers for 2021:
- January 6th - Erika Larsen, National Geographic Photographer
- Making It In the World of Photography
- March 3rd - Cara Smith, E.I., PMP , Manager Project Management ?T/S; Power Delivery, Florida Power & Light Company
- Making It In the World of Electrical Engineering
- May 5th - Summer Piep, Owner/Operator, Lost Harbour Spirits
- Making it in the World of Distilleries and Spirits
- July 7th - Michelle Salas, Founder, Lady Green Recycling Co.
- Making It in the World of Waste Management & Recycling
- September 1st - Krystyna Krakowski, Firefighter, AND Jodi Kalish, Police Officer, City of Palm Beach Gardens
- Making It in the World of First Responders
- November 3rd - Pamela M. Rauch, Vice President, External Affairs and Economic Development, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL)
- Making It In the World of Energy