Manage and supervise at a project level all engineering and administrative policies, procedures and functions. Coordinate with project field operations to ensure transfer of information is delivered, understood and implement.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Knowledge of accounting principles and cost control procedures. Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, various construction methods and installation procedures and a general understanding of the operation of various building systems, strong computer skills, and a familiarity with Microsoft Office suite. Demonstrated ability to understand drawings and specifications, general contract and subcontract documents, materials, means and methods. Very strong oral and written communication skills required. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents, including Jacob’s contract, plans, specifications and applicable codes.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Maintain communication of information among all project team members
- Establish and maintain procedures with the design professionals, consultants, owners, for information flow, approvals, meetings, reporting and application for payment, etc.
- Work with preconstruction, estimating and purchasing in development of initial project budget
- Conduct thorough construction document reviews and examine all documents for constructability and QA/QC
- Bring all concerns to the attention of the appropriate design professional for resolution
- Participate in preparation of various studies, recommendations for materials and methods, and cost estimates.
- Prepare a detailed contract items list including all the significant items required for the construction of the project.
- Develop trade scope of work documents for bid packages, major material and equipment purchases to esnsure timely buy-outs and overall compliance with the construction schedule is maintained.
- Responsible for managing financial status of the project including preparation of project status and accuracy of financial reports.
- Schedule, conduct, and document all job meetings, owner-architect and coordination meetings
- Manage the subcontract change order process including review of all subcontract change orders
- Manage the project close-out, including securing warranties, guarantees and acceptance of work, subcontract and vendor close, final payment and records retention
- Read and understand blueprints in order to prepare takeoffs, compare plans to proposals and construction in progress
- Prepare, distribute and maintain submittals and RFI’s and keep RFI log up to date
- Other duties as assigned