The Utilities Operator will support the demands of the Institute’s plant operations which include maintaining, installing, altering, and repairing all building related plant, mechanical, HVAC, electrical, water technology, and building maintenance systems. Maintain cooling towers, chillers, pumps, motors, motor control centers, transformers, switch gear, wiring, receptacles, lighting, and fire alarm systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect building operations systems; respond to emergency calls for equipment failures; work with building management system (BMS), fire alarm, and equipment monitoring technologies.
- Will analyze and take corrective steps to repair or replace equipment as needed, including coordination of building systems and user interruption shutdowns.
- Interpret building specifications to determine installation or repair requirements.
- Order supplies and maintain inventory.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks.
- Perform daily building rounds, changing gas cylinders, responding to alarms. Provide daily reports as required.
- Work with the Facilities Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Software.
- Will be defined as an essential person for institutional operations.
- Details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Commensurate with experience.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
A minimum of two (2) years of experience with maintaining, repairing, and installing mechanical systems or trade/vocational school certification and six (6) months of related experience is preferred.
Knowledge of plant operations, building and fire codes, building construction techniques, materials applications, proper use of tools, and safe work practices and techniques.
Excellent interpersonal communication and written skills, and the ability to evaluate mechanical and electrical systems.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See the Qualified Positions link on our applicant FAQs page for a list of eligible positions.
Standard work hours for this position are Friday 10:30 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. (12hours), Saturday 10:30 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. (12hours), Monday 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (8hours), and Tuesday 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (8hours).
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin on September 19, 2023.
This is a time-limited position.
Must have a valid Florida driver’s license.
HEALTH ASSESSMENT REQUIRED:
To apply for this position, visit https://jobs.ufl.edu/ Job number for this vacancy is <528517> and the deadline date to apply is <open until filled>. If accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).
The University of Florida is an equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The University of Florida invites all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The University of Florida is a public institution and subject to all requirements under the Florida Sunshine and Public Records laws.
REQ # 528517