Under the administrative direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Finance is responsible for a variety of tasks of considerable difficulty in the administration of the Port’s financial programs. The Director of Finance is to manage the Port of Palm Beach’s Accounting, Finance and Purchasing Departments. The incumbent is to provide fiscal support to the Executive Director and the Board of Port Commissioners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works in close coordination with the Executive Director and all department heads in all aspects of the preparation of the Port’s budget; analyzes revenues and expenditures; assists in the administration of capital projects.
- Directs, maintains control and provides overall policy and program directions for the Port’s annual operating, renewal and replacement and capital budgets. Responsible for insuring the compliance and adherence to Board approved fiscal year budget.
- Directs a professional staff of finance, accounting and administrative personnel engaged in accounting, cash management, accounts receivables, accounts payable and payroll, fixed assets, and other finance and administrative programs.
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures related to finance and administrative functions at the Port.
- Prepares detailed financial management analysis, reports, correspondence and other information requested by the Board of Port Commissioners and the Executive Director.
- Responsible for reviewing proposals for Port’s general liability insurance program renewals and coordinating with insurance brokers to place a cost effective insurance program that will insure compliance with bond agreements.
- Responsible for all Purchasing activities as well as the development and maintenance of the Purchasing Policies and Procedures Manual to be in compliance with both State Purchasing Statutes and Board directed policies
- Provides high level of customer service insuring timely and accurate invoicing, effective accounts receivable and support services to the Port’s external and internal customers.
- Oversees the investment of idle cash for investment in short and long term instruments.
- Provides capital fund management information to the Board of Port Commissioners and the Executive Director. Maintains contact with bond, rating agencies, insurers and state, federal and local agencies regarding the Port’s overall financial performance.
- Responsible for insuring compliance with all bond and loan agreements. In association with the Executive Director, represents the Port at Florida Seaport Transportation and Economic Development, Florida Ports Council and Florida Ports Financing Commission meetings. Reviews grant and loan applications and corresponding analyses. Reviews and approves grant reimbursement being submitted to various agencies.
- Implement changes to the Port’s overall financial management and accounting systems to reduce costs and to improve efficiencies for the overall benefit of the District. Maintain a team of professionals to carry out the duties and functions of the Division.
- Participates in groups and agencies, and potential users of the Port’s properties and facilities.
- Assists in preparing, monitoring and controlling the Port’s budget and prepares special reports as required.
- Performs other tasks as directed by the Executive Director and Deputy Director.