Under the administrative direction of the Deputy Director of Finance and Capital Improvements, the Manager of Budget & Capital Improvement is responsible for managing the Port’s Capital Improvement Program; including overseeing the day-to-day functions, administering the Port’s capital programs and grants. The development of the 5-year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), serving as key staff in assembling authorized capital improvement programs and organizing, implementing, and managing all aspects of the Port’s grant program; and performs other related assigned duties.
Essential job functions
- Develops the 5-year Capital Improvement Plan in accordance with industry best practices and ensures compliance with applicable state guidelines.
- Prepares grant applications and monitors programs to ensure compliance with specific regulations and grant agreements.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state accounting and financial reporting requirements and ensures compliance with grant agreements.
- Approves capital project or grant invoices ensuring regulatory compliance and appropriateness of expenditures.
- Provides technical support and administration of financial programs, year-end processes, and/or annual reporting.
- Coordinate with independent auditors, State and Federal auditors as it relates to the Port’s grants and capital expenditures.
- Research grant funding and lead cross-functional teams in developing grant applications, capital budget, determine project eligibility, and prepare budget and grant amendments and reports for Board approval.
- Manages the Port’s project/grants accounting system to ensure allowable costs are allocated to approved projects and in compliance with grant and funding requirements.
- Provides administrative and technical support, which may include composing grant proposals and applications, managing compliance documents and reports for various programs.
- Analyzes complex budget problems, determines key issues, develops solutions and presents findings and recommendations in various analytical reports.
- Develops financial reports and analyzes project budgets, expenditures, and project progress to ensure accurate and timely capital project set-up and reporting.
- Develops and oversees the evaluation, prioritization and approval process for capital equipment/projects.
- Assist with the development of the annual operating and maintenance budgets.
- Performs other duties as required.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as needed.)
You can view the required qualifications at portofpalmbeach.com.