This position report directly to the Deputy Director of Finance and Capital Improvement and performs a variety of procurement functions using technical skills and responsible for solicitations, contracts and purchasing of good and services for the Port of Palm Beach. Provides guidance and support to departments in matters related to procurement and determines procurement methods and provide justification for use. The employee is expected to work independently, exercise good judgment and implement procurement processes in accordance with District policies and administrative guidelines established by the Executive Director, Board of Commissioners and State of Florida.
Essential Job Functions:
Develops, solicits, evaluates, and negotiates contracts for Port-wide goods, trade services and personal and construction services through a variety of solicitation methods including Invitation to Bid (ITB), Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Request for Information (RFI) and/or other methods as allowed by Port policies, state stature and federal contracting regulations.
- Develops and implements procurement strategy for contracting actions in support of user departments.
- Develops contract amendments and purchase orders for user departments.
- Communicates effectively with internal departments, external stakeholder groups and vendors regarding procurement status and actions.
- Contributes in setting direction for operational strategies and goals for Contracts and Procurement for the Port with user departments.
- Provides training, guidance and consultation on procurement processes and procedures to user departments.
- Prepares formal bids by developing proper specifications, bid format, vendor lists and usage data.
- Develop and implements the Port M/WBE program as established by the Board of Commissioners.
- Researches and utilizes other governmental contracts to procure goods and services.
- Assists in contract administration including tracking vendor performance and purchase orders issued against Port contracts to ensure aggregate amount does not exceed amount authorized by Board of Commissioners and making recommendations to exclude vendors from future bid solicitations due to unsatisfactory vendor performance.
- Performs various contract administration functions such as the preparation of change orders and providing assistance to departments with resolution of vendor performance issues.
- Responsible for the development, issue, and award of informal and formal bids for single purchases and annual contracts, within authority level.
- Verifies sole source purchases and maintains records of same.
- Assists departments in the development of specifications.
- Administer evaluation/selection committee for bid openings, tabulations and award recommendations.
- Processes emergency requests in an expeditious manner in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Analyzes purchase requisitions for completeness, compliance with ordinances and policies, and prepares purchase orders.
- Serves as the process expert in contract and procurement transactions and participates in special projects.
- Performs other related work as required.
You can view the required qualifications at portofpalmbeach.com.