The Human Resources Generalist III will provide a broad range of human resources services and consulting, which may include recruitment, onboarding, classification and compensation, benefits, employee and labor relations, HRIS, payroll, and training for managers, faculty and staff, in service of the University’s mission and to promote an inclusive and innovative work environment. The Human Resources Generalist III is responsible for training and development of department specific work instructions, tools, and training of the HR staff. The position will report to the HR Director.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Take on assigned projects to implement the strategic goals of the HR department and UF initiatives with the campus and Institute. This will include leading change management initiatives and implementation of new HR and UF programs and procedural changes by liaising directly with stakeholders to generate buy-in and successful implementation.
- Be fully cross-trained in all aspects of HR functions and roles within the department and be able to perform them as needed.
- Ensure compliance with implementation of state and University of Florida Human Resources policies, procedures, and requirements and applicable legal regulations.
- Functions as backup to the Director to address employee relations issues including performance management which includes working directly with all staff and Employee Relations for UF as needed to ensure an inclusive and innovative work environment.
- Complete the recruitment life cycle including the approval process for all new positions as well as those needing to be back filled including reviewing and revising position descriptions for new positions in order to guide the hiring managers. Oversees requests related to the UF nepotism process by providing policy information and procedural guidance to departments and hiring managers with questions when needed.
- Submit, review, approve, and monitor the status of EPAFs for new hires, promotions, reclassifications, pay changes, and FTE changes including any other personnel transactions that are needed to continue successful campus operations.
- Makes office policy recommendations and appraises leadership regarding interpretations, applications, and implementation of new or revised rules, policies and procedures of the University.
- Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor.
Commensurate with experience.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and UF policies and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of employment law and HR policies and practices; financial/business acumen.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent provision of customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are strongly preferred.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization, demonstrating cross-cultural sensitivity.
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure with shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- The ability to be self-directed and work with minimal oversight.
- Must be able to collaborate in team environment, convey positive work ethic, maintain diplomatic and respectful interactions with individuals at all levels and backgrounds.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when dealing with sensitive issues and information.
- The ability to articulate, apply, and enforce applicable university, state, federal laws and regulations and internal policies and processes.
- The ability to utilize exceptional judgment and decision-making ability.
- Master’s degree preferred in Human Resources or other related fields of study.
- •SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP and/or PHR/SPHR Certification.
- •Be a registered notary for the state of Florida.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
This is a full-time staff position that comes with a full benefits package. If eligible, employees can also receive tuition assistance through the Employee Education Program. To learn more about our benefits package click here: Benefits.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five professional references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This is a Time-Limited position.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin January 29, 2024.
HEALTH ASSESSMENT REQUIRED:
To apply for this position, visit https://jobs.ufl.edu/ Job number for this vacancy is <530063> and the deadline date to apply is <Open until filled>. If accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).
The University of Florida is an equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The University of Florida invites all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The University of Florida is a public institution and subject to all requirements under the Florida Sunshine and Public Records laws.
REQ # 530063