The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for marketing needs of the Els for Autism Foundation supporting the development/events team and the programs and services team. The duties of this position will entail implementing brand and trademark guidelines, the creation of promotional materials, social media posts, website updates and content management, coordinating public relations activities, and soliciting sponsors as needed. The Marketing Coordinator will work with the events team to publicize events, the programs team to publicize programs and services, and on other projects with the Marketing Specialist in attracting funding for the Foundation. This individual has excellent writing skills for content creation across all channels and is well versed in web design and graphic design.
Marketing Coordinator Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Trademarks and Brands:
• Oversee the implementation of the Foundation’s Brand Identity and Trademark Guidelines. Use guidelines to inform and manage 3rd party organizations/agencies and internal staff on proper use of the Foundations trademarks and brand identity.
Marketing Promotional Materials:
• Assist with development of promotional brochures, invitations, flyers, videos and any other required collateral, adhering to brand identity, for:
? Fundraising events
? Programs and Services
? Development initiatives and campaigns (example: Giving Tuesday, Round Up)
• Organize a social media calendar weekly, monthly and quarterly. Update all social media outlets with appropriate posts daily or as needed.
• Utilize social media scheduling software to organize and execute content.
• Communicate social media analytics to Development team on a monthly basis.
• Attend fundraisers and programs hosted by the Foundation to capture photos/content.
• Manage the Foundation photography folders on 3rd party website (Smugmug) and internal shared drive as appropriate (by: event/date/year) for easy access and availability.
• Photograph Foundation team members for use on elsforautism.org
• Maintain monthly content calendar for all channels (social media, blog, podcast, newsletters)
• Develop and distribute e-newsletters
o Programs and Services newsletter – every 2 months
o Game Changer newsletter - quarterly
• Create e-blasts for upcoming events and programs to be sent to the Foundation contact database.
• Update and manage e-mail lists and segments in contact database, including updates and removal of contact information as requested.
• Support relationships with local media and autism related publications and journals. Keep an updated media contact list.
• Write press releases for news-worthy events, contact media outlets and disperse information accordingly.
• Update the elsforautism.org website with:
o Content enhancements
o Employment opportunities and personnel changes
o Blog posts
o Knowledge of SEO/analytics a plus
• Connect with businesses, organizations and associations to solicit sponsorship opportunities as appropriate to support the Foundation’s fundraising and promotional activities.
• Update lobby televisions with appropriate, new content as needed.
• Other projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Two plus years of marketing experience, including solid social media and graphic design experience
• Proven success in meeting and exceeding performance goals
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook
• Proficiency in Adobe software (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign)
• Proficiency with WordPress
• Proficiency with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn
• Understanding of Constant Contact email database system
• Photography skills
• Writing and proof-reading skills (proficient in spelling and grammar)
• Think creatively
General Knowledge and Skills:
• General understanding of autism spectrum disorder
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
• Adaptability to changing priorities
• Decision making skills
• Time management skills
• Team player